From 08/09/2011 to 11/09/2011
Location: Skiathos Island, Greece
The conference is organised by the Hellenic Association for Information and Communication Technologies in Agriculture Food and Environment (HAICTA) with the support of it's Brach in Northern and Central Greece in cooperation with a number of associated Institutions:
* Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece
* Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
* University of Thessaly, Greece
* Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
* University of Macedonia, Greece
* Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
* Technological Educational Institute of Western Macedonia, Greece
The organiser's goal is to host a Conference in a friendly and warm environment experienced researchers, practitioners, ICT specialists and young PhD students in the field of ICT in Agri-Production and Environment. A series of social events will be organised including a gala dinner, lunch and coffee breaks. A daily excursion at the 11th of September is also planned.
Submissions are accepted from original research papers and posters for the main program and the doctoral consortium in all areas of ICT in Agriculture, Food and Environment including but not limited to:
* Decision Support Systems
* Information Systems
* Database Systems
* Environmental Modelling and Simulation
* Environmental Control Systems
* Issues in ICT Adoption
* New technologies in Ecosystems Management, Forestry and Natural Resources
* Information Systems and Wild Life Management & Protection
* Wood Technology & Wood Products
* Flora and Fauna Management using ICTs
* ICT in Climate Change and Global Warming
* ICT in Cultivation and Pastoral Areas
* ICT in Rural Development
* Innovative Technologies in Agrotourism & Ecotourism
* E-business, E-commerce, E-government, E-learning and E-services
* GIS and Applications
* Spatial Analysis & Landscape Planning
* Internet Marketing, Internet of Things and Web 2.0
* Mobile/wireless Systems & Networks
* Ontology and Web Semantic
* Sensor and Wireless Network Applications
* Mobile/Wireless Applications in Agriculture
* Novel RFID applications
* Precision Farming Systems, VRT Technologies
* Green ICT Technologies
* Supply Chain Management & Logistics
* Environmental EducationWorkshops/Tutorials
The HAICTA 2011 scientific committee invites proposals for workshops and for tutorials to be held in conjunction with the conference.
Proposals should be submitted electronically by March 30, 2011 to scientific commitee chairs.
Papers will be accepted after double blind review process by at least two members of the Scientific Committee.
For more details visit the Submit a paper link in the conference web site.
All accepted papers and posters (including doctoral consortium) will be published in the conference proceedings which will be published by the HAICTA. Furthermore, selected papers will be published in special issues of scientific journals (negotiation in progress, more details will be provided soon).
April 26, 2011: Submissions due (for every type of paper submission: full research papers, posters, doctoral consortium research papers).
June 7, 2011: Notification of acceptance for all submissions.
July 5, 2011: Camera Ready Paper Submission.
8-11 September, 2011: Conference in Skiathos, Greece.
Contact: Christina MANGAKI