20th January 2012
1. Assessment of autumn weed control in cereals and plan spring action. Group examination of species present.
2. Group examination of cereal growth stages and identification of diseases present and their impact over winter.
3. Group examination of rapeseed crop for diseases and their thresholds. How to use Growth Area Index to assess residual nitrogen.
4. Decisions on further weed control in rapeseed.
5. General discussion on the best ways to use the sprayer in the spring; jets, water volumes etc.
29th February 2012
1. CEREALS: Plant and tiller counts by group to assess the need for early nitrogen. Assessment of Growth Area Index to assess residual nitrogen and possible OM reserve.
2. Assess current growth stages by plant dissection and look at diseases present and T0 fungicide mixtures.
3. Growth regulation options; weed control strategies and group identification of species.
4. Final assessment of GAI of rapeseed to plan N applications. Discussion on what other plant food and trace elements are needed.
5. Growth regulators in rapeseed.
6. Disease and insect control. Any other broad leaved weeds need controlling?
29th March 2012
1. CEREALS: Group identification of diseases present. Assessment of control options and their impact at T2.
2. Growth regulators and their effects.
3. Discussion of trace element needs and it’s interaction with Nitrogen.
4. Best spraying techniques for fungicides; jets, water volumes and speeds.
5. Rapeseed diseases and their control.
6. Discussion of final nitrogen amounts and trace elements and insecticides needed.
7. Spring crop options; weed control/fungicide and fertilizer programmes.
All packed into 3 hour sessions.